Holy crap, new followers!
Alright, so! I have had a sudden influx of followers (presumably from my knitting post about not having a penis in my mouth and oh wow that sounds weird out of context), so I should PROBABLY post something acknowledging this
So! A few general things to note:
1. Please let me know if you need anything tagged so that you can tumblr saviour it! I do my best to tag everything/close to everything, but may occasionally miss things, so let me know if I have so that I can edit it in.
Currently, I do my best to tag:
- My fandoms
(doctor who, animorphs, sherlock, avengers, marvel)(That list is out of date — go to my About page for a better list!)
- My liveblogs (drew finally watches doctor who, drew reads marvel civil war, drew watches teen wolf, and I’m sure there will be more but I’ll post about those as they happen)
- Gifs (gif warning on everything with a gif, gifset for anything with more than two gifs), epilepsy warning on gifs that are flashing, and I tend to err on the side of caution with epilepsy warning because I don’t have any visually-triggered problems and therefore am a bad judge!)
- Trigger/content warnings (spider, snake, gore, suicide, rape, violence, abuse, and if you have anything - ANYTHING - to add to this list, no matter how silly you might think it will seem to me, let me know! I currently tag ‘Nicholas Cage’ because he creeps out one of my followers.)
Also, this is somewhere where I talk a LOT about - and reblog a lot about - oppression, of all varieties. I reblog a lot of very blunt and snarky people, and I’m really fucking blunt and snarky a lot as well. I very rarely add anything to reblogs about racism or sexism, as those aren’t axes where I’m oppressed, unless I’m specifically calling someone out about them (this also usually applies to cissexism, as while I’m genderqueer, I’m cis-presenting and usually use male pronouns, so many problems that other trans* people face I do not). Heterosexism and fatphobia I talk about myself a lot more often.
You should probably unfollow me if [and this IS a rather long list and I’m sure I’ve missed rather important points]:
- you have literally any problem with queer people based on the fact that they’re queer / wouldn’t want your child to be queer / wouldn’t want to share a room with a queer person / etc.
- you think that your religious beliefs should inform laws
- you think that a rape victim’s actions, clothing, or history has ANYTHING to do with what happened to them
- you think that how much sex someone does or does not have is in any way a measure of their worth
- you consider yourself “pro-life” (or, more specifically, that you believe that you know when it’s okay for someone to have an abortion better than they do)
- you think that trans* women aren’t “real” women / trans* men aren’t “real” men
- you believe in reverse racism or that we live in a “post-racial society”
- you think you can be sexist against men
- you think that Men’s Rights Activism is valid in any way
- you think that racism only exists in [the US/North America/the northern hemisphere]
- you think fat people aren’t oppressed or Christians don’t have privilege in the US and Canada [and elsewhere, but I am more intimately aware of it here]
- you think that fat people are just lazy and they’re all ugly and will never find love and why don’ they just eat better!!!11!!! EXERCISEEEE!!!!111!!!!!!
- you think that hijab/burqa/niqab or Islam in general are inherently oppressive
- you have any problem with witchcraft or paganism at all
- you think that sex workers are morally wrong / wouldn’t want your child to be one / etc
- you are veg*n and call it a “cruelty-free diet” and/or believe that everyone should be veg*n and/or compare meat-eating to slavery or the holocaust and/or think that “speciesism” is a valid argument when talking about delicious animals that go in my belly
[note: veg*n means ‘either vegetarian or vegan’.]
- you think that transfat, transethnic/transracial, or transabled are valid identities in any way
- you identify as otherkin and co-opt trans* or disabled terminology and arguments
If any of those things DO apply to you, feel free to leave me a message and assuming I’m in a good mood when I get it I’ll try to explain it to you, but expect a lot of swearing and snarkiness. Better would probably be to go to Google and read up about it a bit first.
Anon hate is usually just laughed at, and Anon love pretty much literally makes my day, so anon is almost always on (and I don’t think I’ve ever turned off my ask box or submissions). If you’re genuinely asking a question and it’s not a loaded question or “don’t you agree that one of the above points could be false IF…”, I do try to dial down the snark. :P
Holy fuck, this got long. Apologies to followers who didn’t need to read this!
If you have a problem with something I reblog, please come to me about it. Don’t derail the post because you don’t like the wording or have a problem with a minor part of it or something.
For future reference, is there a book read order list somewhere?
Because there’s a couple of books outside the numbered series right? Anyone wanna help me out?
My advice, though, is to skip the Andalite Chronicles and start at #1. It’ll make a lot more sense when you have some background on the series. :P I usually tell people to read it at the end, tbqh.
This is a test post